Sunday, June 6, 2010

Saint Andrew Corpus Christi Procession

What a beautiful way to celebrate Corpus Christi!  Following the 8am Mass today, Father Bateman, our parish seminarian Steven Arena, our summer seminarian Matthew Larlick, a dozen skilled servers and the People of God publicly witnessed to our belief in the Real Presence of Christ in the Most Holy Eucharist.

In a brand new monstrance, with newly purchased vestments and canopy, the Faithful processed out of the church and into the streets amid incense, banners and chants and litanies.  What a beautiful expression of our faith!  Thanks to one and all who worked so hard to make this such a wonderful Corpus Christi Celebration!

You can view LOTS more photos by CLICKING HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that I came back in for the procession today; it was so moving, touched the hearts of many around me and on the passers by. I had two phone calls today from some people in the community asking what was the occasion; they were even touched and asked if it is to late for them to turn Catholic, with a smile but I feel they were sincere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the procession yesterday for the closing of Mass was very inspiring, and the new Monstrance is beautiful! I often said if I won the lottery I would buy a new one, because the old one really did need to be replaced. I guess that means I won't win the lottery.

    ReplyDelete