Saturday, February 5, 2011

Parish Celebrates Father Bateman's Baptismal Day

John Doster (my godfather) and his wife Lorraine, Fr. Bateman, Barbara Bateman Scheuren (my mom) and Jim Scheuren.
Tonight in what was supposed to be a pot-luck supper to celebrate all those in parish ministry, the parish celebrated, in grand fashion, Father Bateman's Baptismal Anniversary.  It was 44 years ago today that I was baptized in the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen in Baltimore, Maryland.  Immediately following the baptism, may parents took me to the Blessed Sacrament chapel and placed me on the altar - consecrating me to God from my first moments of Christian life (doomed to be a priest from the very start, I always say).

To remember my baptism each parishioner had a small cup of water and a sponge on a stick - and as I walked amongst the tables, they "sprinkled" me with water - I guess payback for those sprinkling rites!  What a great celebration!

I LOVE our parish family!  Thank you all!  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment